UCP’s special holidays Open Studios December 10 features open studios at all three locations, including 30+ artists and a series of artist talks, live performances and one-night activities. In addition are exhibitions on view at UCP’s Paragraph and Project Space, with a ‘zines made to order interactive event and performance by Wonder Fair of Lawrence, KS at Paragraph in conjunction with the exhibition PAGES: Book as Medium, Catalyst, Venue.
GUIDED TOURS to the STUDIOS will leave from Paragraph gallery, 23 East 12th Street, on December 10 at 6:30 and 8pm. Maps of the studios will be available at Paragraph, sign boards will be placed at each studio building, and hosts at each location will guide visitors up to the studios.
OPEN STUDIOS LIVE PERFORMANCES + SPECIAL ACTIVITIES AT CITY CENTER SQUARE:
- 7pm: Jane Gotch and Leralee Whittle. Improvisational dance collaboration.
- 7:30-8:15pm – Black House Improvisors’ Collective. Live performance of new compositions by Russell Thorpe, Hunter Long, Peter Lawless, Brian Padavic and Jeff Davis.
- 8:30pm: Brandon Barr and Leralee Whittle. New media and dance collaboration.
- All evening: visual artist Sean Starowitz hosts YARD SALE, featuring “artist-grade clothes, art, junk, and cool stuff.” Trades and bartering are highly encouraged.
SPECIAL ACTIVITIES AT PARTNERSHIP PLACE:
- All evening: visual artist Nicholas Naughton hosts A Constructed Christmas Image, a workshop and live printing utilizing the new portable press from INKubator PRESS. Naughton and friends will be creating one of a kind and small editioned cards for the holiday season, and invite the public to come create their very own holiday card or unique relief print. Holiday printing blocks, colors and paper provided.
SPECIAL ACTIVITES AT TOWN PAVILION:
- 6-7pm: Town Pavilion Studio Resident Artist Talks
- Phil “Sike Style” Shafer CLEARANCE SALE
- House Eradicated, a new installation by Jeff Tackett